Move with confidence.
Movement for Birth Workshop
Friday July 27, 6:45-9:15pm
Designed for women and their partner/support person, this interactive workshop is truly unique. Applying the therapeutic benefits of yoga and pilates to the physiology of childbirth, this workshop provides the opportunity to explore positions and movements that optimize physical alignment in preparation for a smoother birth and postpartum recovery.
This workshop will focus on:
- Yoga poses and corrective exercises that encourage optimal alignment and fetal positioning
- Proper breathing mechanics
- Birthing positions that create more space in the pelvis for an easier delivery and maintain pelvic floor integrity
- How to properly prepare the pelvic floor muscles for childbirth and postpartum healing
- Restorative poses and mindfulness tools to help calm the nervous system
This workshop will be held at Mosaic Yoga, 225 Sterling Ave (Bloor and West of Lansdowne Ave)
**This workshop is also available for couples on a private basis. Please enquire about pricing and availability.
& She Moves offers seasonal events and classes called Village Gatherings that are dedicated to empowering and supporting women while creating authentic community.
Summer Gathering TBA
Laura's class is a perfect blend of practical information, emotional encouragement and let’s just say, bits of information that you might otherwise only get from your best friend. She’s both personal and professional, and I can’t recommend her highly enough!