Move with confidence.
Movement for Birth Workshop
Sunday Jan. 21, 2018, 2-4:30pm
Designed for women and their partner/support person, this interactive workshop is truly unique. Applying the therapeutic benefits of yoga and pilates to the physiology of childbirth, this workshop provides the opportunity to explore positions and movements that optimize physical alignment in preparation for a smoother birth and postpartum recovery.
This workshop will focus on:
- Yoga poses and corrective exercises that encourage optimal alignment and fetal positioning
- Proper breathing mechanics
- Birthing positions that create more space in the pelvis for an easier delivery and maintain pelvic floor integrity
- How to properly prepare the pelvic floor muscles for childbirth and postpartum healing
- Restorative poses and mindfulness tools to help calm the nervous system
**This workshop is also available for couples on a private basis. Please enquire about pricing and availability.
& She Moves offers seasonal events and classes called Village Gatherings that are dedicated to empowering and supporting women while creating authentic community.
This class allows me to embrace my post baby body and to safely work on strengthening my core. I always leave with a smile on my face.
- Melissa C